About Slow Food – Nova Scotia
Slow Food Nova Scotia exists to honour the tradition of experiencing the taste of local food in a social and convivial atmosphere through excursions to farms, special dinners, tastings and public projects.
These are our principles:
- To promote good, clean and fair food from local producers.
- To encourage the best growing practises especially organic and sustainable methods.
- To preserve our culinary history and culture so that we have diversity in our food choices.
- To reconnect producers and consumers so they can educate each other.
In this section…
- December 10th: Celebrate Terra Madre Day 2016
- Thursday Nov 3 is Slow Food Day at Devour Film Fest
- Harvest Dinner at Dr Arthur Hines Elementary School