Become a Member
Slow Food membership connects you to others in your local food community while contributing and connecting to the global movement that envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it, and good for the planet.
- Invitations to all Slow Food Nova Scotia Mainland South Convivium and Northumberland Shore Convivium events, with preferred membership pricing
- Opportunities to be active in your convivium’s organization and projects in support of Good, Clean, and Fair food
- Growing and contributing your knowledge about local food production and food history
- Communications about events and projects organized by the Slow Food movement around the world, including the SlowFood Almanac that all members, worldwide, receive with membership .
- The possibility of being a convivium delegate to Terra Madre
PLUS making these programs possible:
- Slow Food International – the worldwide network and its programs such as:
- The Ark of Taste and Presidia – helping to keep food traditions alive in Canada and worldwide
- Slow Food Taste Education – teaching adults and children the fundamentals of taste
- University of Gastronomic Science – two campuses in Italy.
- Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto – biannual events promoting artisans, producers and worldwide participants who embody the good, clean, fair approach to food
Are you interested in joining Slow Food in Nova Scotia?
Membership is $90/year for an adult and $110/year for a couple. For the under 30 crowd, Youth Memberships are only $40/year.
We plan 8 -10 events per year, have educational and activist projects on the go, and are always looking for opportunities to spread the Slow Food message.
If you want to join or just need more information, please email email@example.com