Become a Member
Slow Food membership connects you to others in your local food community while contributing and connecting to the global movement that envisions a world in which all people can access and enjoy food that is good for them, good for those who grow it, and good for the planet.
- Invitations to all Slow Food Nova Scotia Mainland South Convivium and Northumberland Shore Convivium events, with preferred membership pricing
- Opportunities to be active in your convivium’s organization and projects in support of Good, Clean, and Fair food
- Growing and contributing your knowledge about local food production and food history
- Communications about events and projects organized by the Slow Food movement around the world, including the SlowFood Almanac that all members, worldwide, receive with membership .
- The possibility of being a convivium delegate to Terra Madre
PLUS making these programs possible:
- Slow Food in Canada national network and communications
- The Canadian Ark of Taste – a living catalog of delicious and distinctive Canadian foods facing extinction
- Slow Food International – the worldwide network and its programs such as:
- The Ark of Taste and Presidia – helping to keep food traditions alive in Canada and worldwide
- Slow Food Taste Education – teaching adults and children the fundamentals of taste
- University of Gastronomic Science – two campuses in Italy.
- Terra Madre and Salone del Gusto – biannual events promoting artisans, producers and worldwide participants who embody the good, clean, fair approach to food
Are you interested in joining Slow Food in Nova Scotia?
- Individual Memberships are $90/year for an adult and $110/year for a couple.
- For the under 30 crowd, Youth Memberships are only $40/year or $60/year for youth couples.
- A Sustainer membership sustains with a part of its fee biodiversity, educational and other Slow Food projects all over the world. A Sustainer memberships are only $180/year or $200/year per couple. Sustainer memberships include all the above benefits plus a yearly electronic newsletter reporting on biodiversity, education and other Slow Food projects and activities.
We plan 8 -10 events per year, have educational and activist projects on the go, and are always looking for opportunities to spread the Slow Food message. As a member you get invited to all of them and most of them are less expensive for members.