June 26, 10:15 – 11:30 :
Producer Visit and Tasting at the North End Community Garden and Hope Blooms Enterprise http://nechc.com/?page_id=434
Murray Warrington Park, 2346 Brunswick Street ( adjacent to St Patrick’s Alexandra School), Halifax, NS., prior to the AGM and Pot Luck at Brooklyn Warehouse
We will tour the garden site and hear the story from people involved, including 6-8 of the youth re what they really like about this enterprise and from a few of the parents about how this initiative has affected their family overall. Bring your own spoon so you can sample some of the salad dressings.
Please indicate that you plan to attend this very special producer visit by replying to email@example.com
What: Meeting 12-1:30pm
Potluck and Social 1:30-3pm
When: Sunday June 26th 12 noon-3 pm
Where: Brooklyn Warehouse, 2795 Windsor Street, Halifax
There is space at Brooklyn Warehouse for 50-60 only. Please RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible if you plan to attend.
We have three non-returning Directors this year and so have vacancies for five Board positions. If you are interested in joining the Board please email Sheila Stevenson (email@example.com
We will send you a scope of work for board members.
Approve agenda (circulated in advance)
Approve 2011 AGM minutes
- Current membership/ Acadia convivium
- Past events: Slow Motion, Spring supper, Iron Chef, etc.
- 2011 meeting of National Leaders in Quebec
- Slow Food International Terra Madre fall 2010 Turin, Italy.
- Upcoming events: Tancook Picnic, Slow Motion Food Film Festival
- New convivia/ future evolution of convivia
- New websites
Treasurer’s report + 2011/12 budget and approval (circulated in advance)
Secretary – strategic planning session this winter
New Business and Members’ Comments
Future events and projects: What interests you? What can you help with?
The development of future convivia… provincial structure
Appointments to the Board:
- Leader/Director: Michael Howell. Chef/Prop. Tempest Restaurant, Wolfville
- Secretary/Director: Sheila Stevenson, Home Gardener, Museologist, Fergusons Cove
- Treasurer /Director: Dela Erith. Professional Administrator, Smiths Cove
- Director: Anna Magera, Environmental worker. Halifax
- Director: Scott Whitelaw, Leader SF Northumberland Shores, Farmer/Restaurant owner. Earltown
- Director: Peter Darnell, Prop. Indian Point Mussel Farm, Indian Point
- Director: Mary Sue Waisman, Registered Dietitian, Fall River
- Director: Jack Schoon, Lunenburg
- Director: Rob Smith, Produce grower, Aylesford
For Potluck contributions, please bring 12+ portions of something
areas needed are:
- pasta salads
- green salads
- vegetarian options
AS USUAL, PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN PLATES AND CUTLERY
Coffee, tea and water will be provided courtesy of Brooklyn Warehouse